News From The Wealthy Dentist #101: June 18, 2008
Editorial: Jim Du Molin
If you haven’t done your due diligence in selecting a reputable dental lab, you could be held responsible for the quality of their products. This week, I’ll show you some of the forms the Ohio State Dental Board has developed for dentists and dental labs. The key is to be sure you’re giving your dental lab a full prescription. Plus, get your dental lab to tell you where the work is manufactured.
Click to continue…
Survey Results: Most Dentists Enjoy Dentistry
Two Out of Three Dentists Would Recommend a Dental Career
In our most recent survey, two out of three dentists reported that they would recommend a career in dentistry to their children or grandchildren. Specialists were significantly more likely to recommend dentistry, while female practitioners were far less likely to do so. “It is one of the most gratifying
and rewarding professions,” said one dentist, while another commented, “It’s better than digging ditches!” Click to continue…
Dentist Claims She Contracted HIV at South African Dental Clinic
Many Patients are HIV Positive, But Few Tell Their Dentists
A dentist in South Africa is asking the government to compensate her for in a 1996 incident in which she allegedly contracted HIV from a patient during a routine root extraction. She later tested positive for HIV, but her husband tested negative. However, since she did not report her puncture wound at the time, the government denied her claim. She is now appealing that decision.
Click to continue…
What’s on My Bookshelf
Seeing What’s Next by Clayton Christensen
Using Theories of Innovation to Predict Industry Change
This book tries to develop a methodology for outsiders to predict which innovations will be most successful. Change is inevitable, but learning how to predict it offers unparalleled opportunities for success. This book is primarily aimed at outsiders such as investors, analysts and consultants.
Want to get the book?
Also in the News…
- Governor Signs Landmark Law for California Dental Hygienists
- Some Dentists Push Medical Credit Cards on Patients
- MacPractice Launches USB Dental Camera for Use with Apple Computers
- Dentist Leaves Colleagues Unsupervised While Working as Commercial Airline Pilot
- Female Prisoners Told To Remove Teeth If They Want to See Their Kids
- Higher Prevalence Of Periodontal Disease In Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
- Dentists Most Concerned about Lead in Dental Work
- Majority of Dentist Respondents Have Owned a Sports Car
- Dentists Worried About Bisphenol-A in Composite and Sealants
- Dentists Eager to Organize Against Insurance Companies
- Four out of Five Dentists Admit to Getting Burnt Out
Previous Editorial Highlights…
- FDA Finally Takes a Stand on Mercury… Sort Of
- Dental News Highlights: From the Hilarious to the Humiliating
- US Government Gets a “D” for Handling of Lead in Dental Products
- ADA Left Holding the Bag as Government Remains Mum on Lead Scandal
- The Gap Between Dentists and Dental Labs
- What’s Going on with the Lead Scare?