Post your comments about dental continuing education to our blog.
Continuing dental education can happen in a lot of places, but local seminars are still dentists’ favorite educational resource.
However, online dental continuing education is picking up steam; about half of dentists say they use Internet CE.
So where do dentists get their dental continuing ed?
- 81% go to state or local dental CE seminars
- 47% use online continuing dental education
- 47% go to far-away seminars
- 47% enjoy vacation destination dental seminars
- 23% use print media such as magazines
"I go wherever I think that I can get good information," said a Tennessee dentist.
Save money – get local or online CE
- "I’m attending less and less far-away or vacation destination seminars and saving lots of money doing so. I’m finding that there a lot
of excellent seminars within 50 miles of my practice here in Ohio. Why waste money on extensive and expensive travel for CE?" (Ohio
- "There need to be more online, interactive classes that count the same as attending live classes." (Texas dentist)
Who’s sponsoring your education?
- "I don’t go to review-type courses or lectures who have interest or paid connections to sponsors."
- "So many current CE offerings are merely promotions of products sponsored by manufacturers. Where is the balanced, science-based,
peer-reviewed education?" (Ohio dentist)
Favorite dental CE resources
- "By far the best value in clinical CE is LVI." (Texas dentist)
- "I get continuing dental education from Dental Schools and Dental Association or Society seminars." (California dentist)
- "Probably the best offerings are provided at ADA Annual Session." (Ohio dentist)
Note: Survey sample included 44 respondents.