Post your comments about the economic recovery plan to our blog.
When we asked dentists if their practices had seen any changes as a result of the government’s economic stimulus efforts, only 3% said there was an improvement. It’s worse for 55%, and 42% have seen no change.
“Job and insurance losses are still affecting patients’ decisions,” said one dentist.
Wasting more money
- “A huge waste of taxpayer money.” (Michigan dentist)
- “A waste of money! In fact legislation should be brought forward to stop the distribution of the remaining money!"
People are too worried to spend money
- “Job and insurance loss still affecting patient's decisions.” (Texas dentist)
- “If anything, the impact of the stimulus has been negative to our business. There is so much concern about taxes, inflation, etc; that patients are conserving cash and delaying treatment.” (Pediatric dentist)
The wrong people benefit
- “Smoke & Mirrors to benefit only the chosen few.” (New York dentist)
- “Stop it or give the money to the people and not the fat cats.” (Louisiana dentist)
- “The stimulus money goes to the banks and big businesses that got into trouble, and we the taxpayers will pay the bill.” (General dentist)
Give it time
- “Takes time, God help the American Dollar.” (California dentist)
Thoughts on "economic recovery"
- “I will probably notice a reduction in spendable income when I get my tax bill!” (Tennessee dentist)
- “No stimulus plan has helped CA yet so far. I think it 's a waste of money and bad for GDP.” (California dentist)
- “Will the government send me a CAD/CAM system so that I can serve the public?” (General dentist)
What stimulus plan?
- “Stupid plan. What stimulus? Pork, pork, and more pork.” (California dentist)
- “I can't tell that it even exists.” (Michigan dentist)
- “Hogwash!” (North Dakota dentist)
- “I have not seen any money.” (California periodontist)
- “What stimulus plan? Do you mean the money we gave to the banks to keep for themselves, or the money we gave to the ‘big auto’ as a reward for their poor products, etc.?” (Massachusetts pediatric dentist)
Can we declare it a failure now?
- “It is a financial disaster that should be held against the Democrats for decades to come!” (Indiana dentist)
- “It is not well planned and carried out!” (Washington dentist)
- “Unless we are to notice the positive effects from it several more months down the road, I think the Stimulus Package did not jump start the economy at all and will cause the government to go further into debt. Stimulus Packages never worked in other countries that tried the same thing in the past. Why did our government think it would work here?” (Ohio prosthodontist)
- “I'm shorting the interest market.” (Texas dentist)
- “I'm changing my name to Chrysler….” (Pennsylvania dentist)
We need a new tax structure
- “I think that we are in for a great many more problems until the tax structure is completely revamped. Overall, taxes must be lowered and government spending must be reduced. Government itself must be made smaller and less intrusive into the businesses and lives of United States citizens.” (California dental implantologist)
Note: Survey sample included 115 respondents.