TheWealthyDentist.com™ Newsletter Archive – TWD – 058

News From The Wealthy Dentist #58: August 15, 2007

Editorial: Jim Du Molin


Oh No! Identity Theft at the Dental Office


dental consultant Jim Du Molin
At least nine people in Florida recently had their identities stolen by an unlikely perpetrator: the 21-year-old assistant at their dentist’s office. She used patients’ credit card info to order
at least $25,000 worth of merchandise online. Does your practice take precautions against identity theft?
Story continues…

The Wealthy Dentist Survey Results: Website Marketing

Dentists Aren’t Sure If Website Marketing Is Worth It

Dental Survey
In our most recent survey, we asked dentists if their dental practice website marketing
is worth its expense. Less than half (44%) said yes: internet marketing generates new patients and a positive ROI. The remaining 56% replied that they don’t believe that internet marketing has particularly helped find new patients.
Story continues…

In the News…

Sorry, We’re All Out of Fluoride: Try Again Next Year

The debate over whether or not to fluoridate has recently hit a logistical snag in North America: a critical shortage of fluoride supplies. American manufacturing facilities were damaged when Hurricane Katrina hit the
Gulf Coast. Dwindling supplies have forced a number of US and Canadian cities to revisit their fluoridation strategies, including Edmonton, Canada; New Orleans; and Portland, Maine.

Story continues…


Dentist, Busted for Medicaid Fraud, Owes $1.3 Million

A Michigan dentist convicted of Medicaid fraud has been ordered to repay the state $1.3 million. During the years of 2004 and 2005, Dr. Billy Shee Lim fraudulently billed Medicaid for over $2.1 million – in one case claiming to have extracted 37 primary teeth from a single pediatric patient!
Story continues…

Also in the News…

Taiwan Court Tells Dentist to Compensate Family of Coma Victim

99.4% of Vietnam’s Population Suffer Dental Diseases

Previous Surveys…

Yellow Pages Marketing for Dentists

Anti-Amalgam Dentist Raises Controversy Again

Is Botox the New Face of Cosmetic Dentistry?

Dentists Wonder If Dental Insurance Is Broken

Dentists Are Torn over the Ethics of Marketing Themselves

Dental Hygienists Get Paid About $36/hr (and Some Dentists Resent It)

Previous Editorial Highlights…

Scare Tactics: These Are Your Teeth On Drugs

Does $25 Million for an Exploding Dental Office Sound About Right?

Dentists Make $140K Annually, According to Forbes

Iowa Dentist, Ousted for Criticizing Amalgam, Wants License Back

How Colors Can Influence Your Dental Marketing

Dentist Brings “Lean Marketing” to His Dental Practice

© 2015, The Wealthy Dentist - Dental Marketing - All Rights Reserved - Dental Website Marketing Site Map

TheWealthyDentist.com® - Contact by email - Privacy Policy

P.O. Box 1220, Tiburon, CA 94920

The material on this website is offered in conjunction with MasterPlan Alliance.

Copyright 2015 Du Molin & Du Molin, Inc. All rights reserved. If you would like to use material from this site, our reports, articles, training programs
or tutorials for use in any printed or electronic media, please ask permission first by email.