News From The Wealthy Dentist #79: January 9, 2008
Editorial: Jim Du Molin
It appears that attracting more new patients is the #1 New Year’s resolution for dentists. Well, January is a great month to expand your practice! Many patients postpone treatment until their yearly benefits are renewed. I’ll give you an example of a simple letter that should be sent to ALL your insurance patients.
Click to learn more…
Survey Results: Continuing Education
In this survey, we asked dentists if they have used the Internet as part of their formal dental continuing education. The slight majority (57%) said yes, while 43% of dentists still complete their dental CE hours the old-fashioned way. “I enjoy attending sessions in person, but I like the convenience of online CDE,” commented a general dentist from Arizona.
Marketing Wars: UK Logo Battle Settled in Court
Lacoste polo shirts have become ubiquitous, and their distinctive crocodile logo makes
them easy to spot. So the clothing retailer balked when two British dentists tried to use a cartoon crocodile as their dental practice logo. After four years of legal battles, the court
ruled in favor of the dentists. (At left, you’ll see the dental practice logo, with the Lacoste logo underneath it.)
What’s on My Bookshelf This Week
The Story Factor by Annette Simmons
This book argues that stories are the most useful tool available for influencing behavior.
Too often, marketers try to influence via concepts rather than stories. But concepts aren’t
emotional, and people make decisions emotionally. The book is full of great stories and examples of how storytelling can be used to influence people to take action. If you are a dentist who wants to influence your patients, this is the book to pick up!
Want to read the book?
Also in the News…
- Survey Reveals 75% of Orthodontists Have Had Orthodontic Treatment Themselves
- Dental Surgery Restores Indian Man’s Vision
- Dentist’s Pioneering “Gold for Food” Program Helps Feed Poor
- NHS Dental Fees Soar by £60m
- Australian Beauty Salons Headed to Court over Teeth Bleaching
- Dental Students Squeezed by Lack of Teeth to Practice On
- One in Four Dentists Suffers from Ex-Employee Headaches
- Dentists Hoping For President Romney to Seize Control
- Most Dentists Are Not Planning a Traditional Retirement
- Dental Marketing: Dentists Share Their Most Effective Strategies
- More New Patients! Dentists Make New Year’s Resolutions
- Some Dentists Feel Dental Boards Are Too Restrictive
Previous Editorial Highlights…
- Let’s Have a Holiday to Celebrate the Free Market…
- Dental Marketing Meets the Holiday Season
- Confrontation Is Not the Way to Deal with a Thieving Employee
- Bond Your Employees and Save Your Practice Money
- How to Avoid Embezzlement and Keep Your Dental Practice Afloat
Valuable Marketing Resources
This is our #1 core marketing strategy. Once in place, it cuts the cost of all
your other marketing efforts in half. How? Because every new patient will bring in an additional
new patient by referral when you use this easy program. Order today and enjoy eight bonuses at no
charge. Download Internal Marketing and Communications Today!