News From The Wealthy Dentist #85: February 20, 2008
Editorial: Jim Du Molin
Right now I’m running one of my most controversial surveys ever about the role of gender in dental school admissions. As men may work longer careers and donate more money, some feel that it’s okay for dental schools to favor male applicants, while others find that unacceptable. “I’m a little surprised that this topic has come into the open view, but it is undeniable,” commented one respondent. “The profession is losing manpower hours
at a time when there’s a call to serve more people.”
Click to learn more…
Survey Press Release: Dental School Graduates Face the Real World
In this survey, we asked dentists if dental school prepares graduates for the real world of dentistry. Four out of five dentists said no, feeling that today’s graduates are unprepared for the financial realities of practicing dentistry. “Schools need extensive realistic practice management curriculum,”
commented a Massachusetts dentist.
Dental Nightmare: Children Strapped Down, Given Unnecessary Root Canals
In December, a New York news channel aired video of children at a local pediatric dentistry office strapped in restraints, separated from their parents, and forced to undergo multiple root canals. Now former clinic director Dr. David Gardner (sent to prison for larceny) is speaking out for the first time, publicly acknowledging that much of this dental work was unnecessary.
Click to continue…
Dental Practice Construction: Weekly Update
I’ve been covering the story of the construction of Machias Dental’s new facility. This week:
The rocky New England ground doesn’t make the job any easier, but it was essential that all digging be completed before winter came and the ground froze.
Click to continue…
Also in the News…
- Maryland Praised for Medicaid Changes Since Boy’s Tooth Infection Death
- Dental Hygienists Could Open Own Practices in New Hampshire
- Yes, It Really Happened: Teens Kiss, Braces Get Stuck Together
- Dating Coworkers: One in 5 Dentists Has Done It
- Tooth Whitening Not Always a Gateway to More Cosmetic Dentistry
- Only One in Three Dentists Feels Wealthy
- Dentists Find Mitt Romney’s Pearly Whites the Best of the Bunch
- Online Continuing Education: Most Dentists Say Yes
- One in Four Dentists Suffers from Ex-Employee Headaches
Previous Editorial Highlights…
- How Office Romance Can Lead to Divorce, Embezzlement, and Even Assault Charges
- Dental Practice Construction: What You Need to Consider
- What If Your Dental Practice’s Building Just Isn’t Big Enough?
- When Dental Competitors Start Fighting Dirty
- Dental Marketing in the New Year: It’s Time to Get to Work!
What’s on My Bookshelf This Week
by Ken Blanchard
A simple yet profound marketing book on service. With simple storytelling, Blanchard gives us a picture
of what companies would be like if they really took care of their customers.
Eye-opening and inspiring, the book reveals a whole new level for patient service.
Going beyond good service may be your most powerful new patient
buy the book?